2018 Acura TLX vs 2018 Audi A4
2018 Acura TLX
2018 Audi A4
There’s no shortage of luxury sport sedan options on the market, but for many drivers it comes down to these two: the 2018 Acura TLX vs the 2018 Audi A4. Whether you’re a racing fan from Essex or simply shopping for a luxury sedan near Somerset, both of these cars make a compelling case. Autosport Acura of Denville is here to break down the key differences that we think give the TLX an edge over the Audi. There’s a reason we’ve been excited for the 2018 TLX since its debut.
Sport Sedan Power
While both of these cars are designed to look comfortable on the track, design only does so much. You need power that can back up the attitude, the sense of style. Here’s how the entry-level engines compare for the TLX and the Audi A4:
- Acura: The TLX features a 2.4L four-cylinder as standard, capable of up to 206 hp. Drivers seeking more need only look to the TLX 3.5, which upgrades to a 290-hp V6 and switches the standard dual-clutch transmission for a nine-speed automatic.
- Audi: The A4 has a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder with 190 hp as standard, which already falls short. Upgrading to a different 2.0L turbo brings the output to 252 hp, which still fails to catch up to the TLX V6 – and we haven’t even mentioned turbocharger lag.
There are plenty of different ways to define luxury in the modern era, but for many of our drivers, tech is at the top of the list. You’ll find each of these features on the standard 2018 Acura TLX technology list, but they are either unavailable or require an upgrade on the 2018 Audi A4:
- Driver-side seat memory
- Driver-side HVAC, headlights, and mirror memory
- CD stereo system with satellite radio
- Noise/sound cancellation
- Adaptive cruise control
Acura Delivers Value
Now that you’ve seen two key areas where the 2018 Audi A4 falters against the 2018 Acura TLX, we want to take care of any lingering doubts. We know that when drivers see a car that offers more power or superior features, they expect a higher price tag. But with the Acura lineup, Morris County drivers get value as well as luxury.
- The 2018 Acura TLX is priced starting at just $33,000 (MSRP),* complete with its four-cylinder engine and track-infused styling.
- Despite falling short of the TLX, the 2018 Audi A4 is priced starting at $36,000.
Whether you decide to pocket those savings or put them toward some upgrades on the TLX, it’s hard to ignore the difference in price in light of the advantages above.
Test Drive an Acura Today
Words only do so much when talking about luxury sedans, and we want to hear what you think. Contact Autosport Acura of Denville today to schedule a test drive and see for yourself who wins the battle of 2018 Acura TLX vs 2018 Audi A4.
Available at Autosport Acura of Denville, proudly serving customers in Morristown, Parsippany, Hanover, Rockaway, Randolph, Livingston and Mendham.