2017 Acura MDX vs 2018 Audi Q7
2017 Acura MDX
2018 Audi Q7
Should your next luxury crossover be a 2017 Acura MDX or a 2018 Audi Q7? If you’ve seen more MDX crossovers on the road lately, you might be wondering why they’re so popular around Morris County. To show you why we think so many drivers choose the MDX, we put it up against the Q7. Read on to discover how Audi’s crossover stacks up in performance, features, and warranty coverage, then stop by Autosport Acura of Denville for a test drive.
It’s important to be able to depend on your crossover, whether it’s simply merging onto the highway or making up for lost time on your commute down the Jersey Turnpike. Here’s how their base models compare:
- 2017 Acura MDX: Under the hood of the MDX is a 3.5L V6 rated at 290 hp @ 6,200 RPM and 267 lb-ft of torque @4,700 RPM.
- 2018 Audi Q7: The Q7 manages just 252 hp @ 5,000 RPM, due in part to its use of a 2.0L turbo – complete with turbo lag – to try to approach V6 levels of power.
Luxury and Technology
Despite being priced similarly, there’s a significant difference in the features you’ll find on each of these luxury crossovers. The 2017 Acura MDX includes these amenities that the 2018 Audi Q7 either requires an upgrade for or does not offer:
- Voice-activated Controls for Audio and Bluetooth
- AcuraWatch Safety Technologies, including Adaptive Cruise Control
- Noise/Sound Cancellation
- Jewel Eye LED Headlights
- 2-position Memory Steering Column
If you’re going to invest in a new luxury crossover, you should feel like you are making a smart investment. While every new vehicle includes warranty coverage, not all warranties are created equal, and Acura’s offers longer mileage and time limits for better peace of mind. See how they compare:
- Audi Warranty: Like many luxury vehicles, Audi offers a 48-month/50,000-mile warranty for both basic repairs and powertrain coverage. This puts it on par with automakers like BMW and ahead of non-luxury brands like Ford.
- Acura Warranty: Acura goes a step further than Audi. In addition to a 48-month/50,000-mile basic warranty, the 2017 Acura MDX includes a 72-month/70,000-mile powertrain warranty to help protect the most vital – and often most expensive – parts of your vehicle.
Test Drive an Acura MDX
We’ve shown you a few of the key differences that we think explain the 2017 Acura MDX reviews and mark it as a smart crossover for our Morris County drivers, but there’s more to it than that. To see all the MDX has to offer in person – and discover for yourself what sets it apart from competitors like the Audi Q7 – contact Autosport Acura of Denville today to schedule your test drive. Be sure to bring the family – you shouldn’t have any trouble fitting them into the seven-passenger cabin for the drive home down NJ-10.