Ways to Pass the Last Few Days of the Summer
New Jersey is full of wonders and surprises. The landscape varies so much from north to south (and maybe central, but we won’t get into that here) that you can feel like you’re worlds away just an hour and a half from your front door. With summer winding down, you only have a limited amount of time left to really explore what the Garden State has to offer. Why don’t you get into your Acura and hit the road for one last adventure before you blink and it becomes autumn? Here are some destination ideas for your next trip out.
Enjoy What New Jersey Has to Offer
- Delaware River Tubing. New Jersey is a peninsula. What else is there to do with a lot of rivers other than tube down them? There are a number of tube rental businesses located near the famous Delaware Water Gap, and it’s a fun and relaxing way to enjoy the scenery.
- Mountain Creek. For those who like to commune with nature by doing something radical in it, Mountain Creek has ziplining tours where you’ll have an unfettered panoramic view of the breathtaking landscape of northern New Jersey.
- Princeton. Few towns in New Jersey have more to offer than Princeton. Between the quaint downtown area teeming with unique shops, art galleries, top-quality restaurants, and one of the best record stores in the state, you can also wander the hallowed grounds of Princeton University. It’s a surreal feeling to walk the same paths as some truly great minds whose vast contributions to society have gone down in history.
- Grover’s Mill. This is for the sci-fi fans: Grover’s Mill is ground zero of the “alien invasion” in Orson Welles’ radio adaptation of War of the Worlds. It’s a short and scenic drive out of Princeton, too!
- The Jersey Shore. What summer is complete without a trip to the boardwalk? Swim, enjoy the sunshine, play arcade games, eat junk food, buy saltwater taffy and then never eat it- the promise of a day “down the shore” is enough to keep every good New Jerseyan together during the work week. Some favorite destinations include Seaside Heights, Wildwood, Point Pleasant, and Ocean City.
Don’t let the summer pass by without getting at least one adventure in! Consider one of these day trips to make this a season you won’t soon forget.